1) There may be life on Venus. Using powerful telescopes Astronomers have detected a chemical in the toxic environment of our planetary neighbor Venus. Scientists believe this discovery could be a signal of something living in one of the solar system’s most inhospitable environments.
2) Portland, Oregon has had the worst air quality in the world over the past few days due to the wildfires on the west coast. One resident described breathing the air “like sticking yourself in a little room with 12 people smoking cigarettes.” Typically, the most polluted cities in the world are in Asia. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, based on a 0 to 500 air quality index, Portland is now at a 492.
3) Taco Bell is debuting its own custom wine. The fast food chain has introduced Jalapeno Noir, to pair with its Toasted Cheesy Chalupa. Unfortunately the tantalizing combo is only available for a limited time in Canada to celebrate the launch of the new menu item.
4) The ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ mansion has hit Airbnb. The mansion that belonged to Uncle Phil in the show is an $8.8 million home in Brentwood California. To mark the 30th anniversary of the show this year, Will Smith teamed up with the owners to make one wing available for rent on Airbnb. Guests who qualify to stay can request to book the Bel-Air mansion starting on September 29th.
5) According to one major manufacturer, sales of guitars are up 600% since March. Fender chief executive Andy Mooney told the New York Times that it’s seen a six-fold increase in guitar sales from late March to late June.