1) Cases from North Carolina and Pennsylvania concerning deadlines for mail in ballots will likely be the first cases new Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett will hear. The now 6-3 leaning conservative court will also soon hear cases about Trump’s taxes and a few regarding abortion law. Barrett was confirmed by the Senate last night and sworn in at a White House ceremony.
2) NASA says there may be more water on the moon than previously believed. Recent data gathered by NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has confirmed there is water on the moon’s sunlit side. The water could be an important resource for deep space exploration.
3) Families are playing a lot more board games during the pandemic. According to their parent company Hasbro, sales of Magic: The Gathering and Monopoly are up 21% as a result of homebound people looking for ways to occupy their time.
4) Today is National American Beer Day. A day we set aside imports to celebrate domestic lagers and ales brewed right here in the good old USA. National American Beer Day is observed annually on October 27th.
5) The Weeknd and rapper Roddy Rich lead the way with eight as the AMA announced it’s nominations yesterday. The American Music Awards will air live on Sunday, November 22nd. Taylor Swift, who picked up four nominations this year, holds the record for the most AMA wins with 29.